Privacy and anonymity
Privacy is the the state of being free from intrusion or disturbance in one's private life or affairs.
Privacy is the ability to keep information secret or hidden from outside parties.
If you do not want people to know things about you, you keep those things private. Privacy is how well you can keep those things private.
The main type of privacy that is at risk on the internet is informational privacy. Privacy is a big issue any place where personally identifiable information is stored. This information includes, but is not limited to, financial and medical records, gender and ethnicity, political orientation, residence, and even biological traits. Various Security measures can be enacted in order to maintain privacy and keep information secure.
- Security researchers at the University of Waterloo in Ontario develop a browser plug-in that hides sensitive information in Facebook
- privacy. retrieved Thursday, September 11, 2008, from http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/privacy
- privacy. retrieved Thursday, September 11, 2008, from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Privacy
- Information Privacy. retrieved Monday, September 15, 2008, from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Information_privacy
- Informational Security. retrieved Friday, September 19, 2008, from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Information_security