Difference between revisions of "IBCS1 - 1920 - November"
(Created page with "== Wednesday - Friday (11/27/19 - 11/29/19) == * Thanksgiving Break == Monday (11/25/19) == '''Agenda:''' * Complete and demo [https://docs.google.com/document/d/1V0URr66vZ52...")
Revision as of 05:41, 2 December 2019
Wednesday - Friday (11/27/19 - 11/29/19)
- Thanksgiving Break
- Complete and demo Flappy Bird
- Implement the additional challenges once you have completed the basic game
- "Top-Down" Game
- This next game will use a top-down perspective and be a variation of many games that you might have played in the past
- The keyboard will move the player around (WASD or arrow keys)
- The player must collect 5 or more items on the screen. Collecting all the items wins the game.
- The player must avoid colliding with enemy robots that follow it around. Colliding with a robot loses the game
- There is a timer counting down, and the player must collect all the items before it hits 0. Otherwise, the player loses.
- The screen wraps around (e.g. player moving off screen to the left appears on the right)
- Demo T-Rex Runner (Dino Game) w/ OOP if you have not already done so
- Computer and Video Game Documentaries
- "The Triumph of the Nerds: The Rise of Accidental Empires"
- "Rise of the Video Game"
- "Download: The True Story of the Internet"
- Timer Demo & Notes
- Work on Flappy Bird
Tuesday - Thursday (11/19/19 - 11/21/19)
- Complete and demo the T-Rex Runner (Dino Game) w/ OOP
- OOP (Python): Part 1 slides
- Bouncing Ball OOP
- Don't worry about any of the code in the Ball.py tab. Focus on the BallOOP tab
- BallOOP walk-through
- Media: Loading & Playing Sounds
- Re-creating Basic Pool with Objects
- Complete the T-Rex Runner (Dino Game) w/ OOP
- APS Calendar Survey - vote for option 3
- Computer history lesson
- Apple, Microsoft...
- What problems/annoyances did we encounter when using procedural programming to make the Basic Pool game?
- Introduction to Object-Oriented Programming
- School closed due to water main break
- Complete the following labs:
- Demo the assignments at the same time
- Demo Project: Basic Pool: Part 2
- Work on the additional challenges and take ownership of the project. Be creative.