Guessing Game Assignment
- The learner will be able to generate a random number
- The learner will be able to use if-statements
- The learner will be able to implement a while loop
- The learner will be able to nest if-statements inside a while loop
Guessing Game Rules
- Mr. Bui will think of a number from 0 to 100
- You will guess a number
- Mr. Bui will tell you to guess higher or lower
- You will guess again, and so on and so forth. The above process will only be repeated 7 times. If you do not guess the number within 7 times, then you lose.
How to Generate a Random Number
import random # put this line at the very top randomNum = random.randint(0, 100) # generates a random integer between 0 and 100
Guessing Game Algorithm
- Generate a random number and store it in a variable named randomNum
- Create and initialize a variable that keeps track of the number of guesses: numberOfGuesses (What number do you think it should be initialized to?)
- Prompt the user to guess a number and store it in a variable: guess
- Increase numberOfGuesses by 1
- If the guess is higher than the random number, then print "Guess lower"
- If the guess is lower than the random number, then print "Guess higher"
- If the guess is equal to the random number, then print "You win!" and exit loop
- The python command to exit a loop is break
- If the number of guesses is equal to 7, then print "You lose!" and exit the loop using break
- Repeat steps 3 - 8 with a loop (while numberOfGuesses is less than or equal to 7)